This e-learning tool has learning activities to help you to implement the guideline Children’s attachment: attachment in children and young people who are adopted from care, in care or at high risk of going into care and improve outcomes by focusing on some of the key implementation challenges identified. It is divided into four sections:
- Understanding attachment
- Causes of attachment difficulties
- Recognising possible attachment difficulties
- Supporting children and young people who may have attachment difficulties, their carers and families.
It will take around one hour to complete and you can undertake it in more than one session if required. The tool will resume where you left off.
- Describe the concept of attachment
- List the key causes of attachment difficulties
- Recognise likely behaviours of children and young people with attachment difficulties
- Demonstrate appropriate actions to support children who may have attachment difficulties
- Demonstrate appropriate practice to support parents and carers of children and young people with attachment difficulties